The most iPhone users don’t know a lot about the iPhone Lock or iCloud Lock that you might be forcedly involved or inherited in when you bought a used iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch or Apple Watch. That’s why our team took the decision and created a clear overview that might help you avoid buying, or if you already stuck, we guide you on how to fix this problem.
iCloud Activation Lock and iPhone Carrier Lock are considered as one of the most popular requested services on the Apple Community, we know that this might be frustrating when you bought a used iPhone, iPod touch or Apple Watch, from an online store and pay a lot of bucks for a useless device.
But the Good news is there is a way that can help you fix this issue:
iCloud Activation Lock
iCloud Lock: When you try to set up your device, it keeps asking for the previous owner’s Apple ID or one of the messages below:
- This iPhone is currently linked to an Apple ID (j…[email protected]). Sign in with the Apple ID that was used to set up this iPhone ✅
- This iPhone was lost and erased. Sign in with the Apple ID that was used to erase this Apple ID ❌
- This iPhone was lost and erased. Sign in with the Apple ID that was used to erase this iPhone. (Message From Owner: This iPhone has been lost. Please call me 0000001022010) ❌
How to remove iCloud Activation Lock?
- Once you noticed that you have the first message before buying the device, talk to the owner, and ask him to sign out of his old Apple ID.
- If you get stuck make sure that your Apple ID is Clean.
iCloud Status: CLEAN ✅
- If your iCloud Status is CLEAN use our iCloud-verwijdering service to unlock your iCloud, and remove the iCloud Activation Lock.
- But if LOST or ERASED, and you still have the decision. Don’t buy it, as the iCloud Unlock fee is too costly.
iCloud Status: Lost Mode On ❌
Note: If you want to make sure the iCloud is Activated on a device or not, before buying it from an Online Store. Ask the Seller for the iPhone IMEI Number, and use our Find My iPhone service to check it.
Here’s a sample of FMI: ON
Find My iPhone: ON (iCloud is Activated ) ❌
Another sample of FMI: OFF
Find My iPhone: OFF (No iCloud Activated) ✅
We highly recommend using both services, before purchasing a used Apple Device
- Find My iPhone: to make sure that the device has an iCloud activated on it or not
- iCloud Check: to make sure that your iCloud is Clean like the first message or lost like message “2” or “3”
iPhone Lock: Once your device keeps asking for another SIM Card from a supported carrier like the message below, this means your Device is Locked on a Specific Carrier, so you have to know on which carrier your device is locked to
SIM Not Supported
The SIM card that you currently installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the phone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone is unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information
How to unlock a Locked iPhone on a specific Carrier?
Follow our instructions to unlock your Locked iPhone:
- Check on which carrier your device is locked on, using IMEI Check (Full IMEI Info) service
Model: IPHONE 11 64GB BLACK CELLULAR [A2111] [IPHONE12,1]
Serial Number: C7CZ8RHKN72J
Purchase Date: 2019-10-14
Activation Status: Not Activated
Warranty Status: Apple Limited Warranty
Telephone Technical Support: N/A
Repairs and Service Coverage: N/A
Valid Purchase Date: N/A
AppleCare Eligible: No
Find My iPhone: OFF
Carrier: US T-Mobile Locked Activation Policy
SIMLock Status: Locked
- Backup and Reset Your iPhone. It might be already unlocked but need to be reset.
- Contact your carrier. See if your carrier offers Unlocking Service.
- Request for unlocking if it’s available by your carrier, this might cost you more money
- After you get the unlocked message from your carrier just Reset Your Device
- Or add an unsupported sim card, until it gets working.
Use a 3rd-party iPhone Unlocking service
If the unlock is not available from your Carrier, you will need to use a 3rd-party unlocking service to unlock your iPhone:
- Go to a 3rd-party Ontgrendel iPhone van vergrendelde provider service.
- Choose your Model, and Carrier your device is locked on.
- Submit your IMEI Check the delivery time.
- Once you get the unlocked message within the time frame.
- Connect your device to iTunes, and you will get this message: Congratulation, Your iPhone has been Unlocked.