Blacklisted IMEIs? What exactly is the blacklist check mean? Blacklisted is a global database made by the wireless carriers, not Apple inc company which means that Apple will not able to change the blacklisted status of any device, this database is used to share devices listed as a lost or stolen to let the users be able to check devices before taking their decision and purchase it.
Why Carriers made that Blacklist database?
Wireless carriers build their database using a unique 15 digit code called IMEI number or the phone identity
- To put all reported lost or stolen devices in it after the massive increase of the theft mobile phones.
- IMEI numbers or the phone identity made lost or stolen smartphones easily to be controlled as it can be tracked, to prevent it from being activated on any other wireless carrier until it gets removed from the list.
Blacklisted happened when the owners of the device stopped paying their contract, and it is impossible to be activated, or un blacklists it. Until you contact the carrier itself which blacklisted your device.
Unfortunately, the service is not accurate 100 % as it is voluntary for operators, the receiving result will be either Clean Or BLACKLISTED / Blocked you can check the resulting sample below.
- iPad (all Models supported)
- iPhone 12 / iPhone 12 Mini / iPhone 12 Pro / iPhone 12 Pro Max ⚡️
- iPhone 11 / iPhone 11 Pro / iPhone 11 Pro Max ⚡️
- XS Max/ XS / XR / X / 8 / 8 Plus / 7 / 7 Plus
- 6S / 6S Plus / 6 / 6 Plus / SE / 5S / 5C / 5 / 4S / 4 / 3GS / 3G
Blacklist Check Result Sample?
GSMA Status: Blocked / Clean
- Blocked: Device will not be activated on any other wireless carrier until it gets removed from the list (stay away from the blocked device).
- Clean: Save to get the device.
Note: if you get a blacklisted result so it’s better to use the Blacklist Check PRO service.
- It helps you avoid buying stolen devices that will not be able to be activated.
- The blacklist check provides you information supports your decision when buying a used device.
- No Software or jailbreak required.